Before I get to Why I No Longer Link To The Likes Of ProBlogger And John Chow I need to say the following. I wrote this post many, many years ago. Unfortunately, it got lost when my database got corrupted which I wrote about in my post about the importance of backing up your WP database. Luckily I found a copy which I am reposting today. Before posting it I checked it with Grammarly and I was surprised at the number of errors I found. And so, without further ado, I give you, Why I No Longer Link To The Likes Of ProBlogger And John Chow
Why I No Longer Link To The Likes Of ProBlogger And John Chow
Why is it that as bloggers, we love to share a bit of link Luv with other bloggers? Sure we do it because we found a particular post to be interesting, and therefore worth sharing with our readers, but I put it to you that another reason is that, deep down, we hope to get some recognition from that blogger. A simple visit to our blog with a quick thank you isn’t too much to ask now is it?
Yeah, I can hear some of you mumbling in the background that the likes of Darren Rowse and John Chow are way too busy for such common courtesies and I understand that. Seriously, I do. Let’s look at it another way.
Commenting Is Being Sociable
Have you ever been in a room with people who are engrossed in a conversation? You’ve got something that you think will be of interest to the rest of the group, but they don’t seem to be listening? Well, that’s how I feel when I visit most pro blogger’s blogs, whether I leave a comment or whether I link to one of their posts. I may as well be in that damn room, talking to myself for all the good it does.
Well, no more! From this day forth, I won’t be linking to any of their posts. OK, I hear that nagging voice somewhere saying, ‘But what if I find something interesting that I want to share with my readers?’ Well, that’s not going to be a problem either, because I’ve unsubscribed from their blogs. No more notifications, especially those annoying ones from Chow every time he visits a restaurant. Honestly, I don’t care what he’s shoving down his throat.
There Are Other Good Bloggers Besides Pro-Bloggers
It’s no significant loss because there are so many other great bloggers out there. They may not be as well known, but that does not make what they have to say any less important or exciting. Sure Darren and Chow have a vast readership, and I’m not arguing that they are not good at what they do. What I’m saying is that they are not the only good bloggers out there.
Many other great bloggers are not as well known, and who have a greater need for my link love than any of the pro bloggers. These are just a few of those bloggers who are great at what they do but do not get the recognition of the so-called ‘big boys’.
- Extreme John: Now, this bloke is bloody entertaining. He’s not scared of telling people how it is and won’t stand for any lip. He also understands, unlike those prob-logger snobs, what link love is all about, as can be seen from his 12 Bloggers that Share Link Juice post.
- iBlogZone: This is a blog that is full of great information, and DiTesco is another blogger who is not afraid to share a bit of link love. His post, Google AdSense Webinar – Free Online Seminars is just one of many posts aimed at helping others to improve the earning potential of their blogs.
- Kikolani: Kristi, the owner of this blog, does weekly updates where she shares with others all the new posts that she has come across during the week. She calls them her Fetching Friday posts, but other posts such as 5 Bad Reasons To Quit Blogging show that she has a wealth of information to share. Kristi no longer owns this blog.
- Social @ Blogging Tracker: Ching Ya, like the majority of women 😜, loves to mix it up in the social networks and her posts, like 6 Twitter Lists Applications to Expand Your Network helps others to share in her expertise.
- I’m Just Sharing: Mitch is a blogger who is all about sharing, and his posts are many and varied. My only complaint is that I don’t have the time to keep up with all his posts. One you might find interesting is How He Writes Blog Posts.
Spread The Word By Linking To Others
Of course, there are many more, too many for me to name here. What I am trying to show is that because there are so many talented bloggers out there, men and women who cover almost every subject imaginable, I don’t need the likes of those so-called Pro bloggers. I have a pool of bloggers that I enjoy reading, ones that I know recognize my presence when I visit their blog and are not afraid to pop in on occasion to say hello by leaving a comment.
Blogging is more than sharing your ideas or ideals in a blog post. It’s also about conversing with them. It’s about dropping in on them once in a while to see how they are going.
It seems that this post has created an interesting discussion over on David Risley’s blog titled When Commenting Begins To Hurt Your Blogging Success. Perhaps you would like to add your thoughts to the debate. Oh well, it was there, it seems it’s disappeared. Oh well, shit happens.
Other Topics You May Find Interesting
Why not head over to YouTube and check out my How To Leave Great Comments On YouTube video. If you love to laugh, there are my Laughaholics videos. There are some hilarious videos there that I know you’ll get a kick out off. You’ll especially love my latest Funny Circus Jokes video. While you’re there why not join my growing YouTube Channel. As you know I’m always looking for new subscribers so why not consider subscribing to my My Bonzer Channel.