I reckon ever since my famous post on why I will no longer link on A list blogs people are starting to realize how important my commentators are to me. I’ve actually done a whole heap of posts on the importance of commenting, inluding, Do You Want More People Commenting On Your Blog, Commentators, How Do I Reward Thee, Let Me Count The Ways and I’ve even done a post on the importance of Commenting Etiquette.
Those were just a few of the many posts that I’ve written on how important it is to not only get comments to your blog, but also how to treat those very special people who take the time to leave a comment.
The trouble is that not everyone is getting as many comments as they would like and this post will expose the top 7 reasons why people are not returning to comment on your blog.
- Your Blog Sucks: Sorry, but if you’re not going to spend the time going over your posts to make sure that it’s concise, makes sense to the average reader and is free of grammatical errors then people are’t going to comment. What’s that, you have comments? Then you are a dofollow blog and they’re only there for the link juice.
- You’re Not Comment Friendly: This applies to all those people who insist on having those impossible to read Captcha plugins. This also includes those people that insist you have to log in to leave a comment. Honestly if your content isn’t up to par do you honestly think people will jump hoops just to leave a comment.
- You Insist On Having A Blogger Blog: Ever since my post on why I Don’t Comment On Blogger Blogs I’ve discovered I’m not the only person who feels that way. If you have a blogger blog with lots of comments, imagine how much better you could do if you had a REAL blog? Don’t believe me, as some of those bloggers like Ching Ya who have made the move.
- You Don’t Reply To Comments: Who the hell do you think you are, some snotty nosed A lister that you expect people to comment on your blog and yet you won’t take the time to reply to their comments. People love interaction and if you’re not giving them that don’t expect them to come back.
- You’ve Given Them Too Much Information: There are some blogs that I’ve read that are so long and tedious covering every point imaginable, that by the time I’ve finished reading it, if I haven’t dropped off to sleep, I’m too damn tired to leave a comment, even if there was something left for me to comment on. Honestly, it’s a whole lot better to leave your post open so that people have an opportunity to comment. In essence a there are times when less is best.
- You Don’t Use A Subscribe To Comment Plugin: Come on guys, wake up and smell the cyber roses. People are so busy commenting on other people’s blogs you don’t honestly believe that they are going to remember which blogs they’ve left a comment on? This plugin is a must as it will enable commenters to sign up for e-mail notification of any subsequent comment. A plugin of this sort is absolutely essential. I actually use the WP Threaded Comment plugin which allows you to edit the message sent to those who have left a comment.
- I’ll leave this one up to you: What do you think is keeping people away from some blogs, or what keeps you away?
So, what do you think? How many of these apply to you, and if they do what are you going to do about it?
The FlexSqueeze Theme gives my blog that professional look. I loved it so much that I bought the developers license. It's the easiest most customizable theme I've come across. See how easy it is to change your theme's appearance! Compare it to Thesis to see how much better it is! Check out some of the latest Latest Updates
I highly recommend you to get your FlexSqueeze copy today!
- WP Viral Outbreak PRO (HOT WSO)
- WP Linkizer WP Linkizer automatically turns every link into your blogs content into a money making machine. It does this by split testing multiple anchor text phrases and defaulting to the phrase thats gets the highest click through rate.
- Page Expiration Robot PRO Multi-Site [WSO] PER is the ultimate conversion tool. Expire posts or pages on a visitor-by-visitor basis after a specified amount of time with intelligent countdown timers. Then redirect them to any URL.
- OTO Easy Video Press Flipping / Developer License
JVZoo Killer WordPress Plugins.
Filed under: Blogging Tips
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!