Do you ever get those days when your mind just wanders all over the place and you can’t focus on any particular topic? Well, that’s what’s happening to me today and rather than just waste all that rambling I thought I would just jot them down here to see if you guys can make some sense of it all
Funnily enough, the title of this particular post added to the ramblings as I struggled with whether or not I was a professional blogger. In the long run I decided I was because over the years I’ve learned enough about what makes a good blogger, I do it well and I actually make money from doing it. Not to mention that people actually get in touch with me, and pay me money, to write articles for them.
Copyright secured by Digiprove © 2012
Why Do I Blog?
Originally I got into blogging purely for SEO reasons because I wanted to increase the rankings of a website I had just started, but now I do it for a lot of reasons.
- I Love Blogging: Who would have thought that a guy who hated English when he was at school would develop the love of writing blog posts? Truth be told, I can’t think of anything better.
- Easier Than Setting Up A Website: Man, it took me ages and ages to set up that original website and it still looks far from professional. If I had only known then about how easy it was to get a blog up and running I would have got into it a lot sooner and I would have saved a lot of aggravation.
- An Online Business: It’s strange how things work out isn’t it? Who would have thought that something you can enjoy could turn out to be so profitable
- Making Online Friends: Who would have thought that I would have met and become friends with so many people online, and me being a antisocial introvert at best
My Blogging Mistakes
I know people that are too scared to start things because they’re scared they will fail at worst or at best make mistakes. Not giving it a go is their biggest mistake because now they will never know how well thing will have turned out. Besides, so what if you make a mistake or two, that’s how you learn, I know because I’ve made my fair share and I am a better blogger because of it.
- Using Free Hosting Service: Fortunately this is one mistake I didn’t
Hey you! Be a good Ninja blogger and don’t make the same mistakes I did!
make but it was probably more luck than anything. Remember at the beginning of the post when I said I started my first blog for SEO purposes? Well, for that to happen it had to be on the same domain. Two posts you may find interesting about why you should host your own blogs are Why Professionals Host Their Own Blogs and Blogging Tips – 5 Reasons For Self Hosting.
- Not Writing For My Readers: I have to admit that for awhile my blog posts were pretty crappy and that was all because I was writing for the search engines instead of my readers. In those days it was all about quantity instead of quality. These days I know it’s more important to keep my readers entertained and that providing quality articles full of important information is way more important than writing solely for the search engines.
- Ignoring SEO: Yep, this was a biggie for me, but it wasn’t really my fault. I mean let’s face it, SEO is bloody boring and takes forever. That is until I got a hold of Market Samurai! Now, when I have an important post to write I always use MS, but even when I don’t use MS I still use the basic SEO techniques.
- Using those free themes: Don’t get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with free themes, except that I could never find one that I really liked. they all had something lacking as I wanted one that made me stand away from the crowd. The problem was they were too hard to adapt to make them do what I wanted them to do or to look the way I wanted them to look. I wasted so much time playing around with them, time better spent focusing on my blogging. It wasn’t until I purchased the Flexsqueeze theme that I really started making money online.
- Not having a product to sell: Sure I was making a little money from my Adsense ads but like I said in the previous point it wasn’t until I started promoting FlexSqueeze that I learned people were more likely to buy something from you if they saw you used it yourself. That was when I started purchasing WordPress plugins that I could see real value in, joining as an affilate and then offering them to my readers. After all, this blog has a lot to say about blogging, WordPress plugins are an important part of blogging and most of my readers are actual bloggers! Seems only natural that I offer products that help bloggers. Luckily for me JVZoo has lots of them available.
Naturally, these ramblings that my mind constantly struggles with isn’t all to do with blogging. A lot has to do with stuff that I can’t share here because Google wouldn’t appreciate it and it could get the site banned. I mean who would have thought that Google was such a prude I actually removed the Adsense code from my last post because Google wouldn’t display any ads there, probably because of something I said. Last I looked they still weren’t displaying an ad in the sidebar Can you guess what may have upset them?
Man! It's been such a busy week and I've been so looking forward to having ... Read more
Have you ever thought how much one day is pretty much like another? You get ... Read more
Please follow and like: