I have always been an advocate of hosting your own blog or website and there are many reasons for using the services of a decent webhosting package.
- Probably the most important is the fact that it allows you to pick your very own domain, one that is most suited to your product or service and one that allows the best SEO advantages and is well suited for the many marketing techniques.
- It shows that you are serious about your blog or website. How professional do you think it looks to an advertiser or prospective client when they see that you have opted for one of the many free services.
- Individuality, is also an important point as by hosting your very own site, not only do you have your very own domain that you can proudly promote to the world, it also allows you countless more ways to individualize your site or blog.
- Another important point, one that strives with point #1 for dominance is that it gives you security and complete control. Security in that you don’t have to worry about your ‘free’ site suddenly going missing, causing you to lose everything that you put into it. Control in that you don’t have to worry about your writing style or of offending someone. I know of people who blog on community sites who have had their blogs terminated because someone didn’t agree with what they had to say.
- SEO, is another good point as it allows you greater control to apply some of the many SEO techniques available, more than if you decided to go for some of those free packages.
- You also get to keep all the revenue generated from your blog. With those free sites you only get to keep a portion and most of the time you don’t actually get to see any of it.
- Many a web host will also offer you incentives for joining, anything from a free domain for life to free templates for your up and coming website.
- The ability to earn more income. I can safely say, as a blogger who has used both forms of blogs, free and self hosted, that I’ve made way more money on those blogs I host on my won domain. Most webhosts also have an affiliate program and how much easier is it to promote something that you are completely happy with than something that you have never tried. The money I have earned from promoting my hosts have more than paid for the hosting cost itself.
- The benefit of adding subdomains is also a great plus as this allows you to expand your site and earning capacity
- There are many more advantages for hosting your own blog or website and I have decided to leave no.10 open so that you my devoted readers and commentators can add their own reasons to my Top 10.
In case some of you are not sure which is the best package for you there are many sites on the net that rate individual hosts and it is always a good idea to see how other people have rated webhosting sites. This may give you more insite as to which package may suit you.
As a side note, I would like to point out that the tree links point out to the three Hosts that I personally use for my blogs and websites.
Tagged with: Web hosting service
Filed under: SpecialOps
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!