Blogging like everything in life can be improved, but only if you don’t give up and strive to get better. Most bloggers who have given up saying that blogging for money is a myth and can’t be done failed because they more than likely did not persist long enough with their blog and they probably made several mistakes along the way.
I know when I first started blogging I didn’t know what the hell I was doing. I have to admit I am bloody embarrassed when I look over those initial posts all those years ago. But then, I didn’t know what I was doing and who I was actually writing for. In those days all I wanted to do was to pump the material out because I though that was what Google wanted. There wasn’t much thought given to what the readers wanted and that was a very important factor.
Blogging For Money The Professional Way
In those days it was all about doing it on the cheap, not because I couldn’t afford to outlay the money, it’s just that I didn’t think it was necessary. That was a bad call, and I should have known better but I was still learning and I was making a lot of mistakes along the way.
Toyota Hilux Precision Driving Team
Take the guys in the following video. They’re professional drivers and, as you can see, they’re very good at what they do. Still, you don’t think they were just able to get into these cars and perform the way they do without a lot of practice, not to mention a lot of mistakes, do you? I bet there was a lot of panel beating that had to be done before they got to the stage that they’re at today. Anyway, I may not be able to drive the way they do but I bet I’m more successful when it comes to blogging for money.
The same applies for bloggers. You can be expected to start up a blog and to instantly get traffic. That takes time and effort and even once the traffic comes in you can’t expect that traffic to generate an instant income. I know, you put so much effort into your blogs and not having it produce an income can be very heart breaking. But they’re doing a disservice to all the bloggers who are successful when it coms to blogging for money and to those who are just starting out.
Mistakes That Hamper Your Blogging For Money Efforts
Not investing in your new found business. Let’s face it, if you’re serious about blogging for money you have to be prepared to spend more than just your time to achieve your goals. This investment includes the following.
- Self Hosting Your Blog: Sure there may be the odd few who make money on the free blogging platforms but these are the exception and not the rule. By hosting your own blog you become your own boss and can do what you want without fear of someone cancelling your blog because they didn’t approve of something your wrote. It also shows those who come to your blog that your serious about what you do.
- Professional Theme: It took me for ages to invest money in a professional theme and it wasn’t until the second try that I decided on the FlexSqueeze theme. I was so impressed that I use it on all my blogs bar one, which uses the other professional theme, Thesis, that I didn’t like.
- Buying The Right Tools: Tools are essential in almost any successful business and this is also true for blogs. Probably the first tool I bought was Market Samurai but since then I’ve bought several in the way of plugins and I am continuing to do so. Tools make a bloggers job easier and also help to increase his income. Some of the free tools are OK but you can’t make money promoting them whereas you can with the paid ones.
I know that there are some out there who pay others to comment on blogs on their behalf as part of their investment strategy but it’s my personal belief that this is a bad investment. It is far better to do your own commenting as this is the only safe way to build your brand.
Awhile back I did a post on how Having Individual Page Headers Are Great and today I’ve used it for the first time on my Lotto blog. You can see it on my William Hill page and I’m really pretty proud with the way it turned out. I used the original banner and then adapted it using [amazon_link id=”B0093FROMA” target=”_blank” ]Adobe Photoshop Elements[/amazon_link] to suit the page’s subject matter so it kept with the original blog theme.
OK, so what I am trying to say is don’t give up if things aren’t going your way where blogging for money is concerned. Step back and analyse the situation. If you’re already following my the tips outlined in this post then maybe you need to look at other factors.
- Have you picked the right niche? Are you passionate about it and is it showing in the way you write your posts?
- Are you engaging your readers are you ignoring them. Engaging them in the content section is always worth the effort.
- Are you promoting yourself on other blogs by leaving well thought out and informative comments.
- Are you using the social networks properly. Something that I need to concentrate on. For some reason I find this pretty difficult. Must be something to do with my personality or something.
The thing is don’t give up. Have a little break perhaps. Search the net for inspiration and look at what you can do differently. With time and dedication you will succeed at blogging for money. It may not make you a fortune but as long as it adds to your present income I think you can call it a success story.
If you have any other tips for blogging for money just leave a comment. We would all love to hear from you.
Blogging For Money Resources
[amazon_enhanced asin=”B0091ISTUU” /][amazon_enhanced asin=”1118199553″ /][amazon_enhanced asin=”B00B56PP26″ /][amazon_enhanced asin=”B004C44ONY” /]