How To Promote YouTube Videos
In last weeks post I told you that making money with YouTube was possible. I also mentioned how one should share their videos via as many social media sites as possible. The reason for doing this is because you want to get as much traffic to those videos as possible. I showed in that post how important traffic was to increasing the earning potential of your videos. Driving traffic to your video is a very important facet of being able to promote YouTube videos. The question is, apart from social media, how can you promote YouTube videos?
Promote YouTube With SEO
- SEO, or Search Engine Optimisation, is the best way to drive traffic to your video. How many of you just upload your video and hope for the best? That’s a common newbie mistake and one that is easily to overcome. Using SEO where others don’t will give you a definite advantage. If search engines can find your video they can send a lot of traffic your way.
- Keywords are important. The first thing you need to do while uploading your video is to give it a catchy title, one that you think people will search for. You then need to fill the keyword field putting in as many keywords as possible. It’s these keywords that help people to find your video. Your title should also contain one or two important keywords. Note: YouTube refers to keywords as tags. If you’re not sure what keywords to choose you can use something like Market Samurai to do all the hard work for you.
- Description: Not only is the description important for your viewers it also allows you to use the keywords mentioned above adding to your SEO. As YouTube only shows three lines of your description you want to make those first three lines count.
- Social Media: I’ve already mentioned sharing with Social Media sites, well YouTube, knowing the importance of Social Media, have made it easier for you by supplying what they believe to be the most important Social Sharing sites.
- Blog about it: If you have a blog you can embed the video in a post on your blog. Linking to that post in the description can lead to traffic to your blog and your normal readers may lead to traffic to your video. If you don’t have a blog you can start a blogger blog which is represented by the B in the above image.
- Allow Embedding: This is one of the options offered to you when uploading a video. It’s important that you allow this so that others can embed the video into their sites thereby increasing your video’s exposure.
- Build your Subscribers: The more subscribers you have the more exposure your video will get. You can ask people to subscribe to your channel or, if you have a blog, you place a subscription form on it, just like I did there on the right. As you can see from the image below I’m showing my Laughaholics playlist as well as giving my readers the option to subscribe.
Phew, this post is getting a little long. There are other things that you can do but I may leave that for another post.
How do you promote your videos?
Copyright secured by Digiprove © 2013
Filed under: SEO
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!