I reckon that as there may still be a lot of people who may not be sure what a blog actually is, that we should really start with a short description. In essence a blog is short for weblog, which is really an online journal (or newsletter) that is frequently updated (ergo it’s SEO appeal) and intended for general public readership. Blogs can be personal, or they may provide a commentary of regular world news. Companies even use blogs to provide their customers with reliable updates of their products or services. There are also many companies out there that use blogs as effective marketing tools.
So technically blogs can be used to record anything that you like, but we must keep in mind that the more interesting we make it the bigger the readership which in turn creates more earning potential for the respective blog. I can see how some may be wondering about what sort of things you can blog about and it can really be about anything at all.
- Do you have a hobby you are passionate about? Imagine how many other people in the world share the same passion.
- Perhaps you have some expertise you can share with others.
- Experienced mothers may want to share their experience with new and prospective mothers.
- Perhaps you’re a budding photographer and would like to share some of of your prized photos. If you do I would recommend you include descriptions of the photos or how they were taken as this will give the search engines something latch onto. I have seen so many Photo Blogs where the blogger only posts the photo with no description and they probably wonder why they do not get indexed by search engines. If they were to use the right keywords in their descriptions they would definitely get more hits as well as a higher PR.
- Going on a holiday, then what a perfect time to share your experiences with others.
You see, the choices are endless so don’t be frightened to join the world of blogging.