I have been a paid blogger, in that I’ve been paid to do posts advertising certain products and services, and I have learned over the years that there are a whole lot of advertisers out there willing to pay good money to have their links and selected keywords out on the blogosphere for the search engines to pick up on. They do this because that realize the potential for exposure that blogs represent and knowing this has led to the emergence of sites such as Pay Per Post, Blogsvertise, Smorty, Review Me and a myriad of others that are willing to act as a medium for Bloggers and Advertisers, and doing quite well out of it as well.
Advertisers will pay a minimum of $5 to hundreds of dollars for a post of up to three hundred words depending on the PR (PageRank) of the blog. The problem is that the actual post is only on the front page of the blog for a short time before it disappears into the archives. After that it all depends on the prowess of the blogger in regards to SEO and Key Word selection on whether or not it will ever be seen again.
It makes much more sense to pay for either a link or a banner on the front page of a blog as it is there right until the ad runs out getting maximum exposure. Knowing this to be true I am offering several key spots on this blog for those who are interested with the guarantee that your link will stay on the front page for as long as you are willing to pay for the spot. Because this blog is brand new and has yet to receive a PR prices for a spot will be more than reasonable. Naturally I will be trying to get maximum exposure for WassupBlog and you may be interested to know that my last two blogs received a PR3 in under three months. The main point to remember is that you are guaranteed that your link will always be on the main page and will not be lost in the archives like a normal paid post would.
OK, so let’s talk turkey! How much will it cost for you to advertise on this blog? Let’s look at the options.
- A simple link will only cost $1 per month unless your link is at the top in which case it will be $5
- 117×30 button only $2 per month
- 124×124 square only $2.50 per month
- 468×60 banner only $3 per month displayed at the bottom of the blog
- 468×60 banner at the top of the blog will only set you back $5 per month
These prices will only increase once the PR is achieved and until then I will keep them at the low price structure..
If you are interested just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright secured by Digiprove © 2017
If there is one thing in common that all my blogs have, apart from the best content , its the fact that they all contain posts of my favorite jokes. The thing is that I just can’t help it, I love jokes and I love to tell them. According to my kids though, I should learn not to laugh at my own jokes but how can I not when that are so damn funny.
Anyway, to cut a long story short, this blog will follow the general trend and it will have a ‘Funny Posts’ category. If you like a good laugh once in awhile, and believe me laughter is the best medicine, then I suggest you pop in once in a while and get that smile back on your face.
Todays joke is about three old codgers who are standing around discussing all the bad points about growing old.
The 80 year-old said, “The best thing that could happen to me would just to be able to have a good pee. I stand there for twenty minutes, and it dribbles and hurts. I have to go over and over again.”
The 85 year-old said, “The best thing that could happen to me is if I could have one good bowel movement. I take every kind of laxative I can get my hands on and it’s still a problem.”
Then the 90 year-old said, “That’s not my problem. Every morning at 6:00 am sharp, I have a good long pee. At 6:30 am sharp I have a great bowel movement. The best thing that could happen to me would be if I could wake up before 7:00 am.”
I truly believe that if you want to show the world that you are a serious blogger then you should really host your own blog. Just think about it for a minute. If someone was going to advertise on a blog or ask someone to write a post for them who would be their first preference, a self hosted blogger or one that opted for the free blogging platforms such as myspace.com, typepad.com, xanga.com, blogspot.com, livejournal.com, wordpress.com, and vox.com. But it doesn’t all have to be about money, so let’s look at some other reasons why you should host your own blog.
- Security: This is very important. Imagine spending months or even years developing your own blog only to have it yanked out from under you and being left with nothing. It has happened and I know because I lost two blogs in this way, one that was hosted on writingup.com and another on blogcharm. Even if you choose to blog with the big two, Blogger or LiveJournal.com you are not safe as they reserve the right to terminate your account and can do at any time.
- Total Control: You do not have to worry about offending someone and possibly having your blog extinguished. You can write about whatever you want using whatever colorful language you choose. If you choose WordPress and your blogging platform you will be able to choose from thousands of templates that you can personalize by tweaking it to your hearts content.
- Keeping All The Profits: A lot of the so called free blogging platforms will tell you that they will share their profits with you by letting you run your own google ads on them. So you do all the work and only keep part of the proceeds? Yeah, right! Hosting your own blog means you are your own boss and you get to keep all the revenue raised through your blogging efforts.
- Annoying Comments: Those of you who blog on those free platforms have occasionally received annoying comments that you have no control over. They detract from your professionalism and really have no right to be present on your post. With your very own blog you can delete them with a click of a mouse. You could even ban their IP address.
- Enjoying All The Features: There are so many things that you can add to tour very own blog that you will never have the opportunity to enjoy on those free blogging platforms, and you get to choose which ones they are. You may want to reward your readers for leaving a comment, be able to see a whole range of stats, increase your blogging revenue or even
Stone the flaming crows if this isn’t starting to sound like an ad for a hosting company, “And There IS More”. Seriously I could go on but I think that you may have caught onto what I am saying, that a serious blogger should consider hosting their own blogs.
I can almost see a lot of you shaking your heads and saying how it would cost you an arm and a leg when in reality the actual cost is a pittance, especially when you consider that you are investing in your own business, of sorts. Three of my blogs are hosted on LunarPages and the initial outlay was $6.95 per month which included a free domain name and you keep that domain for life. My other four blogs, including this one, are hosted with Host Smart, and Aussie company, and it only cost me $94.80 which is a measly $7.90 per month. Most people probably spend more than that on coffee a week.
Copyright secured by Digiprove © 2016-2017
Welcome to Wassup Blog, my latest blog. My blogging name is Sire and I am an Aussie who has been blogging for some time. I am not one who sticks to ‘niche’ blogging as I find these too restrictive and so Wassup Blog will cover many areas including, blogging tips, humor, news, blogging for money, SEO, affiliates and whatever I consider to be either interesting or important at the time.
Like all my blogs I encourage comments from my readers and to facilitate this I have incorporated such WordPress plugins as commentluv, and dofollow. If you do comment on one of my post you can be assured that I will in return comment on one of yours. Having said this, I would still like quality comments and I will delete those comments that are I consider spam. To encourage this I have installed a plugin that I have set to 15 words so any comment less than this will go to an error page that will require the user to increase their word count.
About quality comments, it’s for your benefit as much as it is mine as I have found that leaving comments with good content generally leads to visits from those who have read your comment, and getting people to visit your blog is what it is all about.