OK, I’ve decided to bite the bullet and have a shot at running a blogging contest. It seems that every Tom, Dick and Harry blogger is running one these days so I figured I may as well give it a go.
I reckon that there are two things that make a contest appealing to people. One is that it’s free and easy to enter and the other that it’s relatively easy. Correction, there is a third and very important factor, the prize has to catch the contestants interest.
Let’s start with the prizes.
- First Prize: $20 and I will place a 125×125 banner in my sidebar, in the Wassup Ads section. As you can see that is a premium spot, especially considering this is a PR3 blog.
- Second Prize: $10 and a spot for their 125×125 banner
- Third Price: $5 and they also get to display their 125×125 banner.
So in essence I am paying you to display your banner, now that’s something that doesn’t happen every day.
Now for the rules.
- You need to join my Cool Blog Links site. It’s absolutely free to join and all that is required is that you place a small code on your blog. Once in place it will display the following smal icon as well as enable the site to keep track of certain statistics. Having the icon also allows people to vote for your blog. The top ten also have their ranking displayed within the Icon and I occasionally do posts rewarding the top 10 members with a bit of link luv!
- You need to join my Blogger’s Forum and have at least 5 quality posts up your sleeve. I think, being bloggers who comment regularly on other blogs you all know what is required of you there. If there are any categories you would like me to add just leave me a comment.
- You need to do a post promoting this contest.
- This one is necessary as I need some way to gauge the top three participants. I reckon the easiest way is to use the Top Commentator plugin. So the top three commentators at the end of September who have met all the conditions will be rewarded the prizes.
The contest starts now so that gives everyone time to meet the conditions, but as my top commentator plugin resets every month, that part of it starts on the 1st of September. Naturally I will not be counting any ‘nice posts’ and other non quality comments which will be deleted so as to not be counted at all. I also reserve the right to refuse any banners or sites that I feel are not appropriate for displaying on this blog.
That’s it. Let the contest begin.
Edit: Contest ends on the 30th of September
Thanks Christine for pointing that out.