I’ve been a member of Helium for some time now and although I’ve already written a couple of posts on them, check the related posts at the end of this one if you’re interested, I thought I should add something new in this one.
I suppose in a way you could call it an update, but it’s not like they’ve changed something that warranted an update, it’s just that this has just popped in my head and I decided to write about it. In case you’re not sure what Helium is, here’s an excerpt from their about page.
Helium is the face of the publishing revolution!
Helium is also a knowledge co-operative where our writers are also our editors who read and rate every article on the site.
At Helium, we believe that everyone can contribute what they know to share with millions of readers around the globe.
At Helium, we believe readers want a choice of viewpoints – not just one opinion on any subject.
At Helium, we believe publishers need an easier, more efficient way to get the content they need.
At Helium, great writing rises to the top. And great writing reaps great rewards.
- Helium’s best writers earn cash through:
- Upfront Payments for contributed work
- Daily revenue share
- Writing contests
- Our best writers are recognized through:
- Citizen Journalism Awards
- Published articles through Marketplace
- Professional journalism organizations
Not a bad ‘about’ page if I do say so myself. Although I don’t struggle looking for topics to write on my blogs I’ve still found that Helium has always provided me some inspiration when I visit there, which I do every couple of days so that I can vote on their articles. Voting on articles earns you ‘rating stars’ and these are necessary for earning an income on their site. While rating these articles you can see what others have written and more often than not they may inspire you to write on the same topic, meanwhile giving you fodder for another post.
Just today I had to vote on some poetry under the heading ‘If I Ruled The World”. That link will take you to my poem on Helium so you can see how it stacks up against the other poems on the same topic. It’s now rated 15 out of 27 but I’m hoping it will improve as time goes on.
Honestly I reckon you could do worse than by joining Helium and if you’re in anyway interested just let me know in the comment section and I’ll send you a personal invitation. If you do decide to join here’s a couple of tips for you.
- Use Keywords: This is just as important as using it in your blog posts. Not only will it help others to find it via the search engines it also helps those using Helium’s own search facility, and the more exposure you get the more potential for increasing your income. I failed to do this at the beginning and it’s probably the main reason why I’m not earning as much as I could be.
- Proof Read Before Posting: This is also important as once posted you can’t edit it unless you have a leapfrog or two up your sleeve. I’ve read many a post where people haven’t proof read their article and this has always worked against them when I rate their article.
That should give you a good head start so that if you do join you will be way ahead of newbies who haven’t had anyone to counsel them on the ways of Helium.