Guest posts are a very important marketing tool. For the person doing the guest post it allows them to extend their brand or expertise to other blogs, blogs that have a different readership thereby expanding their exposure.
To the person hosting the guest post it allows them to offer a subject or topic that they may not have an enough expertise or are not comfortable writing themselves. In essence it’s a win win situation for all. I hope you like this guest post by Melvin of MelvinBlog.com
You have probably heard that a blog is a very good asset. In fact, it’s really true. Most people are so caught up with the money they can make from a blog directly that they forgot their blog is more than just that. Just from my experience, blogging has done a lot of nice things to me like getting to conferences and being invited as a speaker, receiving free schwags from some companies, getting good deals from them, getting interviewed, joint ventures, new friends and good publicity. Overall these are obviously more than what you can make with your blog directly.
And so for today, I’m going to tackle how you can leverage what you have in your blog (audience, expertise, reputation) and make more money from that. I am going to put out a list of ways on how you can capitalize more by leveraging what you have. Without further ado, here‘s now the list:
- Leveraging your expertise to build a consultation service – I’m not really a fan of these consulting services and to be honest I never plan to do it myself. But obviously, it’s a very profitable business. Guys like Jim Kukral, Shawn Collins, Chris Brogan don’t really make anything from their blogs BUT make a really good amount with their consultation services. If you’re an established blogger with a good reputation, it’s good to make good use of your stature and make more money by offering a consultation services to other people
- Leveraging your audience by offering them a product – I can‘t emphasize it more. Creating and selling your own product is by far the BEST way to make money from your blog. If you have a huge audience following you and still haven‘t considered this option, you‘re missing out a lot. By having your own info product, you don‘t just benefit by making sales. You also try to build your own expertise through those various product of yours.
- Leveraging your audience in your blog and using it as a launch pad – Probably another unsung benefits of being a blogger is using it as a launch pad. Having a blog alone gives you a decisive advantage to just launch about everything and have a big lead against everyone simply because you already have the audience. I always consider it like a boost pad where it can simply just put you ahead in the race.
- Leveraging your reputation for joint ventures – Since blogging is a business, getting proposals, joint ventures from other bloggers/marketers in the same niche is always a good thing. Most marketers don’t just negotiate with anyone, they often want reputed bloggers with good audience. Just look at the connection between Darren Rowse, Yaro Starak, John Chow, Shoemoney, Daniel Scocco and other reputed bloggers. They just seem to really bounce it off each other and maximize what they have combined. Imagine the amount of traction they can get from helping out each other.
Blogging brings a lot of good things if done properly. Reputation, huge audience, fame, and many more. As we get more and more of those, make sure to make the most of them. Don’t just be contented with what you’re currently making. After all you worked your butts out real hard to have them, right? What do you think? I would love to hear your opinions.
This post is written by Melvin. Melvin is a young blogger and entrepreneur who blogs at MelvinBlog.com. He aims to share all his best marketing tips to fellow bloggers. If you find this post awesome consider visiting his blog, if not forget about it. Either way follow him on Twitter too.
The FlexSqueeze Theme gives my blog that professional look. I loved it so much that I bought the developers license. It's the easiest most customizable theme I've come across. See how easy it is to change your theme's appearance! Compare it to Thesis to see how much better it is! Check out some of the latest Latest Updates
I highly recommend you to get your FlexSqueeze copy today!
- WP Dupizer WP Dupizer deletes duplicate content found within your site manually or automatically. Gives all posts and pages a duplicate score.
- Covert Geo Targeter New WordPress Plugin Lets You Easily Geo Target Your Blog And Insert Your Visitor's Actual Geo Location Anywhere On Your Blogs - Resulting In A Massive Boost In Conversions and Revenue!
- OTO Covert Geo Targeter Pro
- SoreThumb+ Dev License with PageLaser and Free Bonus: QwikiLinks
JVZoo Killer WordPress Plugins.
Filed under: Guest Posts
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!