Is Google+ All That You Thought It Would Be
It seems to me that there is a little dissatisfaction around the place concerning Google+ as there are posts appearing around the net talking about how unhappy they are with it all. Personally I still think its a great social media site, so much better than FaceBook and less annoying than Twitter. I used to hate Twitter and almost gave it up until I got my hands on TweetDeck and I was able to filter out all the ‘noise’ so that I would only hear from those that I was interested it. Google+ has provided a solution for all that useless chatter by coming up with Circles. If you have someone that does nothing but talk shit all day long you simply pull him out and stick him in the ‘People Who Talk Crap” circle.
Why People Hate Google+
- Boring: It’s true, some people are starting to find Google+ boring and my mate Mitch is one of them. Read his post G+ Activity Seems To Be Dwindling. Mitch would like more interaction but then he always was a talker.
- I Just Don’t Get It: Emma Cragg is Nonplussed By Google+ According to Emma, she just doesn’t get or need another social media network. I reckon there would be some internet marketers gagging at the idea of not utilising what could be a major social network.
- Privacy Issues: A lot of people are complaining about privacy issues but it seems to me that is a common fault with all social networks. Some say they don’t like the fact that they have to use their real name rather than a alias but I feel that is a good thing because I want to know who I am dealing with.
- No Control Over Other People’s Circles: Some people are complaining that they have no control over users adding them to their Circles. I’m sorry but I can’t get my head around that because I was always under the impression that getting people to add you to their circles was a good thing.
- Can Only Select One Circle At A Time: I agree with this one. There are times when you would like to interact with several circles but you can only select one or be forced to chat with the whole kit and caboodle.
- Can’t Turn Off Notifications: This is a real pain and is the main reason why I don’t interact with popular members because once you comment you get bombarded constantly by updates. The only way you can turn these off is by muting the post but thats like nuking the conversation.
I’m sure I haven’t covered all the issues that people have with Google+ and you may want to add any issues you’re having in the comment section below. What I would be really interested in is whether or not you’re considering giving Google+ the flick because you’re so pissed off at Google+
Oh, if you haven’t already you may want to take part in the poll about your favourite social media site.
Copyright secured by Digiprove © 2011-2015
Filed under: opinion
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!