Most blogger become bloggers because they believed it was the best way to make money online. Some time back I wrote a post called How To Make Money Off A Popular Post which actually turned out to be a really popular posts as it gave the average blogger a way to make money from any post that provided unique content, content that people would be willing to pay for!
I wrote that post after an exhausting and fruitless search to find a plugin which would do the same thing as MediaPass, the site that allows you to make money from a particular post.. The problem is, as good as MediaPass is it has one major drawback which is they take a greater portion of the potential income a blogger can earn from any given post. I figured something was better than nothing so I was happy to join.
Copyright secured by Digiprove © 2012
The Best Way To Monetize Your Blog
Let me tell you though that I did not give up my search for that elusive plugin and since then I have found two and this post will give you a quick review of both and why I settled on the one that you see working on this post. The problem is it’s going to cost you 50 cents to see those reviews!
There’s a few reason why I have gone this route, even though I know it may upset some regular users, the main one being to test whether or not people would be willing to pay for this type of information. I’ve also set the price so low so as to make it more attractive.
Before you decide it’s not worth your while to pay the 50 cents to reveal those reviews, perhaps because you feel no-one will be willing to pay for your content, just keep in mind that these plugins will allow you to sell anything from ebooks, videos, training posts as well as earning something from those special valuable blog posts. So, without further ado I present to you two plugins that could finally turn your blog into a real money making machine….
WP Pay-Per-View: is my plugin of choice and it’s the one I used to monetize this post. I chose this plugin because the first plugin I purchased, Restrict Content Pro, had one major flaw in that you had to enable the blogs registration feature for it to work. This was fine except that my blog started getting all these spam registrations which I had to continually delete. Not so with WP Pay Per View.
This plugin will protect your post, page or any part of your content from prying eyes until such a time as they decide to pay to view that content. You can set whatever price you want and you can also set a value so they can see all your protected content for any number of days. As you can see from the selection themselves it is very professional looking and it is integrated with WordPress, Twitter, FaceBook and PayPal saving your customers the hassle of creating accounts to get their payment processed. As you know the easier you make it for them the more likely they will part with their money.
Restrict Content Pro: This is touted to be the Premium Content Plugin and its actually the first plugin that I purchased. It’s a little harder to set up but the video instructions that are built into the plugin dashboard are easy to follow, the only problem I found was that I missed the section about enabling registrations on the blog for the plugin to work. I tell you, it had me scratching my head for quite some time until I finally found that little tidbit of information.
Having to enable the blog’s registration feature was the only thing I didn’t like about this plugin and the reason I decided to try WP Pay-Per-View. If your blog is already setup for to allow subscribers then you may well consider this as your premium content plugin.
If it wasn’t for that small flaw this would have been my plugin of choice and I’ll probably use it on one of my other blogs where I’m not to fussed with user registration. The plugins dashboard is really quite comprehensive allowing you to set subscription levels, discount codes, keep track of members as well as payments. It will even allow you to download members and payments as CSV files.
| || |
This is definitely my plugin of choice, both for ease of use to the blogger as far as setting up your content for sale as well as making it easy for your prospective customers to purchase those products
| || |
| || |
Restrict Content Pro
I would have given this plugin a 5 star rating if only it didn’t require me to enable the registration portion in the general settings of the dashboard. Actually, that one flaw almost earned it 3 stars but it is still a very good plugin.
| || |
Again so to reiterate you can use this plugin to sell more than just the content of a post. Here are a few examples where you could use any of these plugins.
- Sell Your Ebook: You can have the link to your eBook, PDF file or even an mp3 file hidden in your post giving access to those willing to pay for it.
- Solutions To Problems: People search the net looking for solutions to any given problem. We as blogger normally give that information away for free. Heck some of us even use plugins like ‘buy us a beer or coffee if you like this post’ hoping those who got something from it will give us a donation. Well, getting them to pay up front, and many will do it, is a more profitable option.
I’m sure you get the idea and I’m also sure you can come up with a whole lot of other ways where you can use this plugin profitably. The question is are you willing to invest in your blog in order to make the money you deserve?
- InstaProduct - Turn your blog into an info product generation machine. InstaProduct is a must have for any blogger who wants to make money online publishing ebooks. InstaProduct generates full blown ebook in just a few seconds in doc and pdf (as well as in Kindle and iPad formats).
- Page Expiration Robot PRO Multi-Site [WSO] PER is the ultimate conversion tool. Expire posts or pages on a visitor-by-visitor basis after a specified amount of time with intelligent countdown timers. Then redirect them to any URL.
- One Click Mobile Web App Turn any WordPress blog into an iPhone app instantly with this plugin!
- YourTube SuperStore Learn how to get a "Store Tab" in your YouTube channel so you can start selling products right from INSIDE your own YouTube channel as soon as tonight!
Welcome good reader to this weeks Friday Funnies. For those of you who are new ... Read more
Hey guys, welcome to this weeks Friday Funnies #13, but before we get to that ... Read more
Tagged with: Facebook • Making Money • PayPal • selling content • WordPress
Filed under: Making Money • Reviews • Wordpress Plugins
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!