Like most rankings Technorati ranks your blog depending on how many other blogs linked to it. If you had a good ranking you would displaying it on your blog in the hope that it would demonstrate to others that you are a blogger with some authority. As I wanted to be one of those bloggers I decided to increase my ranking and I came up with several methods that I pursued with great diligence. They worked so well that I managed top get a Technorati Authority for my Blogsire Blog of over a 100. I was quite happy with this and so I slacked off taking things easy and then I noticed my ranking was slipping.
Why? Were bloggers removing my links? Nope, nothing so sinister. It appears that Technorati only counts those links for a period of 6 months, so what was happening was that as the age of those links approached 6 months they simply dropped off and I must admit that so did my enthusiasm for wanting to keep it. Way too much work as far as I was concerned.
So, what techniques did I use?
- Review Exhcanges: I made it quite obvious that I would be willing to swap reviews with blogs of a similar nature.
- : By collaborating with other blogs who are willing to join this system worked quite well and you can read all about it at the original post.
- Commenting On Do Follow Blogs: I noticed that these were sometimes picked up by Technorati.
- Joining In Memes: This would normally involve an exchange of links thereby increasing your rankings.
- Top Commentators Plugin: This is not one that I used previously but I have noticed that links from this plugin actually does appear on Technorati. It’s only natural to assume that were you to become one of the top commentators on blogs using that plugin that your link will be picked up by Technorati.
- Technorati Favorites: According to this post it seems that there unlike Technorati Authority there is no time limit to your Technorati Favorites Votes which has it’s own advantages including recognizing your blogs authority. Get to the top 100 and you may well receive an increase in your blogs readership
So, if you want to get into the ‘Favorite’ exchange just ‘Favorite’ me by clicking here leaving your favorite link in the comments and I will do the same for you.
I know that there are other methods but I leave that to you, the ever important reader, to contribute for the betterment of the blogging community.
The FlexSqueeze Theme gives my blog that professional look. I loved it so much that I bought the developers license. It's the easiest most customizable theme I've come across. See how easy it is to change your theme's appearance! Compare it to Thesis to see how much better it is! Check out some of the latest Latest Updates
I highly recommend you to get your FlexSqueeze copy today!
- CommentLuv Premium - Unlimited License The famous CommentLuv Premium is active on over 50,000 WordPress blogs. Finally available on JVZoo. Increase your comments, traffic and encourage visitors to share your posts. Affiliates http://ql2.me/clpaff
- Covert Geo Targeter New WordPress Plugin Lets You Easily Geo Target Your Blog And Insert Your Visitor's Actual Geo Location Anywhere On Your Blogs - Resulting In A Massive Boost In Conversions and Revenue!
- WP Dupizer WP Dupizer deletes duplicate content found within your site manually or automatically. Gives all posts and pages a duplicate score.
- Box of Mascots 100 Royalty Free Cartoon Marketing Images for your websites, blogs and social networks! Use these cartoons in your own work to market your own products and services or SELL what you create with the toons to others!nnAs long as you use these characters i
JVZoo Killer WordPress Plugins.
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!