I reckon those of you who read my blog regularly would realize by now how I hold my commentators in high esteem and I how I love to reward them for leaving a comment. Those of you who don’t, well let me list them here for you in order that it may encourage you also to join in the discussions on this blog.
- Do Follow: First of all, by using the Do Follow plugin I have removed the No Follow tags and so Google will now be able to follow the link, left in the name field when you leave a comment, to your blog or site.
- The F Group: I am a member of the F Group, a group that promises to follow all commentators to their blog and reciprocate with a comment of their own.
- Brian’s Threaded Comment Plugin: This plugin makes it easier to respond to an authors comment rather than have to use the old ‘@ Name’ Crap and then scrolling up and down to see what the conversation is all about.
- CommentLuv: This is a neat little plugin, developed by Andy Bailey, that reward you by including a titled link to your last blog post at the end of your comment. If you register your site at commentluv you can actually choose from your last 10 posts!
- Top Commentators Widget: Read all about how being a regular commentator can increase your backlinks via this plugin.
- KeywordLuv: KeywordLuv by Stephen Cronin is the latest method that I am using to reward those who take the time to leave a comment. Everyone knows the value of keywords, well with this plugin will separate your name from your keywords in the link to your blog or website thereby giving you improved anchor text. All you need do to to utilize this plugin is enter YourName@YourKeywords in the Name field to take advantage of it. For example, if I was to enter Sire@Wassupblog in the name field it would show up as Sire from WassupBlog.
You can thank Kristi of Kikolani fame, her latest poem The Sweetest Drug, for that last plugin as it was her comment on my Commenting Etiquette post that inspired me to install it.