Yep, I am one of those guys that just has to try every new gadget, especially when it is free, so first chance I got I downloaded Google Chrome. I am actually typing this post whilst using the Google Chrome browser and I haven’t read any other reviews as I wanted this to be completely unbiased.
- My blogs all look great in it. This was a real worry and the last thing I wanted was to start modifying the themes to work with this browser.
- It was a breeze to set up, no problems at all and seemlessly imported all my passwords and bookmarks.
- It is bloody fast, it’s like the computer has been turbocharged as so far all the pages load a lot quicker than FireFox or Internet Explorer.
- Memory usage seems heaps better and it also allocates the memory diferently. FireFox used to increase the memory usage every time a new tab is opened whereas Google Chrome simply opens another process allowing it to manage each tab individually.
- Simple, no bells and whistles although I reckon there will be some users who will see this as a fault. I have no doubt that addons will become availabe that will provide the bling effect for these users.
- Shit! So far as I can tell, I can’t see any other than it doesn’t display my favicon in the search bar. It does however display it in the tabs.
I have decided to run a little poll, but as we all know a poll can only tell you so much and I would really appreciate if you could take the time to leave a comment on your personal experience with Google Chrome!