It’s a pretty well known fact that many bloggers exist today because they want to share their acquired knowledge with others, and this is indeed a very good thing that they do. Wouldn’t it be great though if they could go beyond merely sharing their experience in a well thought out post.
There are many ways that we can help other bloggers, some of which I would like to outline below.
- Comment on their blog. This is a win win situation, as you are building their morale as well as helping to build your presence on the Net.
- Reply to comments left on your blog. Not everybody does this, and that’s a shame. Stand out from the crowd by showing your readers you appreciate their comment by replying to them wherever possible. Does not mean that you have to reply to every single comment.
- Share some link luv. Again, a win win situation as this will inform others of great content that you’ve found and may well earn some brownie points with the one getting the link luv. If it doesn’t, don’t sweat it because it’s always better to give than it is to receive.
- Promoting Blogger Projects: Let’s face it, most of us are pretty green when it comes to marketing, but imagine how much help it would be if we were to help when we come across a blogger who has a special talent but is finding it hard to market their products. It could be an eBook, arts and craft, a forum or whatever. Wouldn’t it be great if we could give them a little boost.
- Affiliate products: Almost every blogger is promoting one affiliate or another, but when we’re in the market for purchasing a product, do we remember to support one of our blogger mates?
These are just a few ideas that I’ve come up with, and I was hoping that you guys could contribute to this small list. As to what day we should use for the Global Helping Hand For Bloggers Day, I reckon it shouldn’t be limited to a single day. It should be left open, for we never know when you come across someone that you can give a helping hand.
OK, just to get the ball rolling I would like to mention a few sites. Sheryl has been a loyal reader of this blog and she seems to have a liking, probably helped by her talented daughter Cait, for those cute fluffy animals. Well, they’ve decided to turn their love of fluffies into an online store called Fuzzy Wuzzy Anipals! These cute fluffy toys would be great for any special occasion, especially Christmas.
Just today I’ve happen to come across a talented artist called Jay Zuck, who is displaying some of his artwork on his blog. Honestly, you should hop on ever and check them out. While there why not enter his contest to win one of his great works of art.
Then there’s Holly, another talented blogger that I’ve only just met. Not only a blogger, Holly is an author and you could win an autographed copy of her A Guppy Not A Puppy children’s book.
Finally, I’ve been having a little problem with the software that scans my email for spam and shit, as it’s allowing way too many spam emails through. I’ve decided it was time to update, and low and behold Mitch just happened to do a post on Mailwasher. Just yesterday I decided to take the trial offer, but honestly I was so thrilled by it that I’m going to buy it from Mitch’s post, all the while hoping he will make something from it.