I used to have a plugin that converted this blogs format so that mobile users could see it on their mobile device, whether it was an iPhone or even a mobile device using Android. I uninstalled that plugin because I didn’t like the way it portrayed my blog. As far as I was concerned I much preferred the way it looked on ITouch safari or my HTC mobile’s web browser.
All that withstanding I’m not so narrow minded that I can’t see the positives for displaying my blogs to the millions upon millions of mobile devises out there. I’m merely waiting for the right WordPress plugin to come around. Well, I got an email today from JVZoo that introduced me to what seems to be a revolutionary WordPress plugin.
Copyright secured by Digiprove © 2012
Turn Your Blog Into An Installable Web App
I have to admit I was pretty surprised to find that someone had actually come up with a
Image via CrunchBase
plugin that would give visitors to a blog the opportunity to intall the entire blog directly onto their iDevice! Now, that sounded pretty amazing.
The plugin is called the One Click Mobile Web App and clicking on that link, and yes it is an affiliate link, will tell you all about the plugin. As of yet I personally haven’t purchased it yet because I haven’t been able to work out how I can utilize it for this blog. It seems to me that it would lend itself more to those specialised niche blog who have a service to sell. Sites that come to mind include;
- Law firms
- Take Away Foods
- Real Estate
Pretty well anyone that is offering a service that people are interested in and would therefore love to install an app that would give users easy access to it. Do you offer such a service, or can you think of a way that a normal blogger such as myself would be able to use such a plugin? If so I would love for you to leave a comment. If you’re one of those lucky bloggers who can make use of such a plugin you should get your hands on it now before the price goes up.
Do you ever get those days when your mind just wanders all over the place and you can’t focus on any particular topic? Well, that’s what’s happening to me today and rather than just waste all that rambling I thought I would just jot them down here to see if you guys can make some sense of it all
Funnily enough, the title of this particular post added to the ramblings as I struggled with whether or not I was a professional blogger. In the long run I decided I was because over the years I’ve learned enough about what makes a good blogger, I do it well and I actually make money from doing it. Not to mention that people actually get in touch with me, and pay me money, to write articles for them.
Copyright secured by Digiprove © 2012
Why Do I Blog?
Originally I got into blogging purely for SEO reasons because I wanted to increase the rankings of a website I had just started, but now I do it for a lot of reasons.
- I Love Blogging: Who would have thought that a guy who hated English when he was at school would develop the love of writing blog posts? Truth be told, I can’t think of anything better.
- Easier Than Setting Up A Website: Man, it took me ages and ages to set up that original website and it still looks far from professional. If I had only known then about how easy it was to get a blog up and running I would have got into it a lot sooner and I would have saved a lot of aggravation.
- An Online Business: It’s strange how things work out isn’t it? Who would have thought that something you can enjoy could turn out to be so profitable
- Making Online Friends: Who would have thought that I would have met and become friends with so many people online, and me being a antisocial introvert at best
My Blogging Mistakes
I know people that are too scared to start things because they’re scared they will fail at worst or at best make mistakes. Not giving it a go is their biggest mistake because now they will never know how well thing will have turned out. Besides, so what if you make a mistake or two, that’s how you learn, I know because I’ve made my fair share and I am a better blogger because of it.
- Using Free Hosting Service: Fortunately this is one mistake I didn’t
Hey you! Be a good Ninja blogger and don’t make the same mistakes I did!
make but it was probably more luck than anything. Remember at the beginning of the post when I said I started my first blog for SEO purposes? Well, for that to happen it had to be on the same domain. Two posts you may find interesting about why you should host your own blogs are Why Professionals Host Their Own Blogs and Blogging Tips – 5 Reasons For Self Hosting.
- Not Writing For My Readers: I have to admit that for awhile my blog posts were pretty crappy and that was all because I was writing for the search engines instead of my readers. In those days it was all about quantity instead of quality. These days I know it’s more important to keep my readers entertained and that providing quality articles full of important information is way more important than writing solely for the search engines.
- Ignoring SEO: Yep, this was a biggie for me, but it wasn’t really my fault. I mean let’s face it, SEO is bloody boring and takes forever. That is until I got a hold of Market Samurai! Now, when I have an important post to write I always use MS, but even when I don’t use MS I still use the basic SEO techniques.
- Using those free themes: Don’t get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with free themes, except that I could never find one that I really liked. they all had something lacking as I wanted one that made me stand away from the crowd. The problem was they were too hard to adapt to make them do what I wanted them to do or to look the way I wanted them to look. I wasted so much time playing around with them, time better spent focusing on my blogging. It wasn’t until I purchased the Flexsqueeze theme that I really started making money online.
- Not having a product to sell: Sure I was making a little money from my Adsense ads but like I said in the previous point it wasn’t until I started promoting FlexSqueeze that I learned people were more likely to buy something from you if they saw you used it yourself. That was when I started purchasing WordPress plugins that I could see real value in, joining as an affilate and then offering them to my readers. After all, this blog has a lot to say about blogging, WordPress plugins are an important part of blogging and most of my readers are actual bloggers! Seems only natural that I offer products that help bloggers. Luckily for me JVZoo has lots of them available.
Naturally, these ramblings that my mind constantly struggles with isn’t all to do with blogging. A lot has to do with stuff that I can’t share here because Google wouldn’t appreciate it and it could get the site banned. I mean who would have thought that Google was such a prude I actually removed the Adsense code from my last post because Google wouldn’t display any ads there, probably because of something I said. Last I looked they still weren’t displaying an ad in the sidebar Can you guess what may have upset them?
I discovered long ago that images can make a post stand out. The problem is that it’s not always easy to find the right image for a post and sometimes the search for one can take ages. That’s why I use plugins like Zemanta and Insights to simplify the process and speed things along. Images can also help to highlight those specific parts of your posts that you want to draw your readers attention to, say like a call to action such as enticing them to purchase a product or join to join your list.
Unfortunately those sorts of images aren’t always available via those two plugins and so once again you resort to the search engines, wasting a lot of time, or you attempt to create your own, usually coming up with some very poorly designed and unprofessional image, or you pay someone to design it for you. Fiverr is a site where you can pay someone five dollars to design something for you, the only problem being trying to convey to them exactly what you want. I usually find what I want on Dreamstime and while they have heaps of free images the one I want usually costs me around the $10 mark!
Copyright secured by Digiprove © 2012-2017
An Image Package Can Save You Money
No Crap, Andy’s IM Graphics plugin gives you Ninja type powers when it comes to inserting your images!
One of the many reasons why I jumped at the chance of buying Andy’s IM Graphics plugin was because it came with a whole sleuth of professionally designed images. Not to mention it is a fantastic plugin and one that I use an awful lot. I was so impressed I even wrote a post about it, Andy’s IM Graphics Plugin Review.
Probably the best thing about the plugin is that I don’t have to be at my home computer to access the images as they are all hosted online. This means that when writing a post I can access those images easily, no matter what computer I’m using. It also allows me to write things into the images, just like I did with the cute ninja image you see on the left.
What’s that? You like that image and want to know where I got it from? Well, I’m so glad you asked because that is what this post is all about. Read the rest of this entry