It’s been quite some time since I did a post giving the top ten members of Cool Blog Links a little bit of link luv. Actually when looking back I was surprised to find out that the last post, Cool Blog Links Top 10 Coolest Blogs, was written on the 29th of May 2010. Weird that because I honestly thought it was only a few months ago. Just goes to show how time flies when you’re having fun
When I did that post the site had a whole 19 members and in just under two years it has grown to a whopping 20 members. Yeah, you can all stop laughing because even though the numbers are low the members are all proud to be a part of Cool Blog Links. Anyway, without further ado here are the current Top Ten Coolest Blogs.
Copyright secured by Digiprove © 2012-2017
Cool Blog Links Top Ten Blogs
- Beach Theme Home Decor: This blog claims that you can find all your Beach Theme Home Decor in one convenient place. You can select from Beach, Tropical, Hawaiian, Palm Tree, Lighthouse and Seashell Decor and lets not forget the Gecko Wall Art to bring the beach theme straight into your home. It’s obvious that the blogger behind this blog is a real beach lover and you can read all about Petra by visiting her about page. Read the rest of this entry
Even without doing any blog hopping I can just imagine all the blogs out there that are doing posts on new years resolution or about how you should be doing your business plans for the coming year. Not me! Nope, I don’t do new years resolutions and I’ve never willingly done a business plan. Sure they’re a good idea to keep people focused and to help them with building a strategy to follow but they have never interested me.
I’m not even going to do a post about how things transpired last year because I covered that in my last post, A Recap Of 2011 And Best Wishes For 2012. Instead I want to write a post that may reveal a little about myself as well as giving my readers a chance to promote their favourite post.
Copyright secured by Digiprove © 2012
My Favourite All Time Posts
I reckon that pretty well gives you an idea what this post will be about. I’m hoping that in sharing my favourite all time posts you may get an inkling of what sort of things appeal to me and in knowing that perhaps a little of what makes me tick.
OK, I reckon you’ve had enough of the posts that I like and you’re champing at the bit waiting to find out exactly how you get to promote your blog? Well, it’s quite simple really, all you have to do is to leave a comment linking to your favourite post while telling us why it is that you love that post so much. Leaving just a link without a reasonable explanation will get your comment deleted so put a bit of thought into it. Remember that leaving a good comment will have more chance of getting others to read that post.
Oh, and you may want to tell me which of my posts, if any, you liked and why?
I know that not every blogger wants to monetize their blog, but I believe there are far more who do. And why shouldn’t they, there’s nothing wrong with making a little money while doing the thing you love. Those who do decide to monetize their blogs normally just place Google Adsense or Chango ads on their blog and they then sit back while waiting for that elusive click.
Others will set up a spot on the sidebar with an ‘Advertise Here’ heading but all you see are empty spaces. They sit there scratching their heads while crying rivers of tears over their keyboards because no-one’s buying any ads. Well cry no more guys because I’m here to tell you the top 5 reasons why no-one is advertising on your blogs.
- Your Blog hasn’t been around long enough!
- Honestly, if you’ve just started your blog you really shouldn’t monetize it straight away. Your best bet is to build up a good readership first and only then worry about selling advertising space. Don’t be disheartened if things start off slow at first because if you’re willing to put in a lot of hard work into it then it won’t be long before you can build up a respectable readership.Take Patricia of lavenderuses.com, her first post, About Me: All Things Lavender, was posted on March 27th! Yet in only a few short months she has built up a large readership and the amount of comments she gets could leave some probloggers shaking their heads in disbelief.
- You Don’t Have A Contact Page!
- Come on people, it’s not rocket science you know. An advertiser can’t contact you if there’s nothing on your blog that allows him to do so. There are may plugins that will allow you to do this. Personally I use Mike’s Fast Secure Contact Form.
- You’re Not Selling Yourself
- Most people who may want to advertise on your blog will need a reason to do so. You need to sell your blog to them. I constructed a special page that I called Advertise Here just so I can encourage advertisers to drop some of their hard earned cash into my waiting wallet.This is your virtual sales page, where you will list all the reasons why someone should advertise on your blog. You may want to mention your PR and Alexa rating. You could even stress that you are a consistent poster and how this had led to a large readership. This page should be so good that they can’t help themselves but to contact you for an advertising spot. Oh, one last thing, you’ll also want to mention what it will cost them for an ad..
- Let’s face it, we live a busy world where time is money. There are times when an advertiser doesn’t want to go through all the hassle of contacting the blogger and discussing prices. Some will want an automated system that will let then place an ad automatically.This is where OIOpubliasher comes in. This plugin is a professional ad manager that will save you and the advertiser time, and I can vouch that it works. I have some advertisers that subscribe to a monthly rate and some that pay for months at a time. The best thing is that I don’t have to keep track of when they expire because it’s all done automatically! You can get $10 off this month if you use the following coupon XMASGIFT-WASSUP.
- At the beginning of the post I mentioned those blogs that have all those empty ad spots waiting to be filled. Now why would someone outlay good money on your blog when he can see as plain as day that no-one else is willing to? Your solution is simple, fill those spots up with affiliate ads, heck you may even make a sale or two from them. If anything just leave one spot with an advertise here link as a juice bait..
Naturally there are other things like increasing traffic to your blog as traffic is a great sweetener for any advertiser. One of the reasons for me purchasing Market Samurai is so that I can build traffic to my niche sites. Copyright secured by Digiprove © 2011-2015