No matter where you go or what you do in life you are confronted with choices. You can make the right choice or you can make the wrong one. Unfortunately making the wrong choice has consequences. It will lead you down the wrong path taking you away from what you truly desire in life. However, that path will lead you to forks in the road that once again gives you more choices. Taking the right path can change your fortune whereas taking the wrong one merely increases your despair. Making the right choice isn’t always easy but then the easy choice can sometimes be the wrong one.
Blogging is no different. As bloggers we are faced with many choices.
Choices Bloggers Make
- Do we use a free platform or do we host our own blog?
- Do we use third party comments systems like Disqus or do we stay with the the preferred default one?
- Do we stay nofollow or do we make the choice to reward our commentators and go dofollow
- Do we choose to reply to as many comments as possible or do we just sit on the fence and let those comments go unreplied and for all they know unnoticed?
- Do we use a paid theme or do we stick with a free one?
- Do we allow keywords in the name field or should we insist on a name
Obviously bloggers are faced with many more choices than just these few and perhaps you could tell us some of the choices that you’ve had to make.
My Choice Commentluv Or FlexSqueeze
I actually had my own choice to make, one which came about when I updated to the latest FlexSqueeze theme. As you may have noticed in my last post, When Will You People Get A Damn Gravatar, commentluv was out of action. It worked fine in the last version but didn’t work in this one. There was no way I was getting rid of FlexSqueeze, not after seeing and trying all the new things Ryan has added to it. So, if I had to make a choice between the two I’m afraid CommentLuv would have been the loser and I didn’t want that to happen so I had to find a solution.
After trying the obvious things I decided to make use of Andy Bailey’s CommentLuv Support. Within 24 hours I got a response to the ticket, and Andy, you know I loves ya mate but most of that stuff was way over my head. It did however give me a hint; it had something to do with jquery and that meant either a plugin or one of the scripts I was running. Using Andy’s response as a guide I was able to pinpoint one offending script which was running an outdated jquery and replaced it with one that didn’t use jscript.
As you can see, all is well with the world and I was able to keep both the FlexSqueeze theme and the CommentLuv plugin but only because I decided to choose the harder path by trying to resolve the problem.
The FlexSqueeze Theme gives my blog that professional look. I loved it so much that I bought the developers license. It's the easiest most customizable theme I've come across. See how easy it is to change your theme's appearance! Compare it to Thesis to see how much better it is! Check out some of the latest Latest Updates
I highly recommend you to get your FlexSqueeze copy today!
- WP4FB 2.0 - Unlimited Personal License
- Rapid Results: List Cash How to buy subscribers directly from the auto-responder companies for pennies...
- Page Expiration Robot PRO Multi-Site [WSO] PER is the ultimate conversion tool. Expire posts or pages on a visitor-by-visitor basis after a specified amount of time with intelligent countdown timers. Then redirect them to any URL.
- Covert Social Buzz Covert Social Buzz - Brand New WordPress Plugin That Will Increase Your Social Traffic In 5 Minutes Or Less!
JVZoo Killer WordPress Plugins.
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!