A few posts ago I told you about Learning How To Save Money Can Make You Rich
and I honestly believe that being able to manage your money can actually make you wealthy. You probably won’t become a millionaire but you will be so much better off than if you didn’t manage your money properly. In fact I believe that the majority of those struggling financially or who are in debt are in their situation because they don’t know how to manage their money. This is especially true for those people who have amassed a huge credit card debt.While that post showed ways for people to save money, when it comes to running a successful business you have to be prepared to spend money in order to improve the way your business runs or even to improve the customers experience. Running an online business is really no different.
Spending Money On Your Business Is An Investment
I learned earlier on that a business can only grow if you invest time and money in it. This doesn’t mean that throwing money at a business will make it succeed because it won’t if you’re not running it properly to begin with. Another thing to keep in mind is that the cheaper option is not always the best option. To stress this point I want to tell you a real life story that happened to the company I used to work for.
They were a major milk producing company who needed to update their bottling machine. They had a choice between one that would put the exact amount of milk into the bottle to one that would fill the bottle to the brim. To save a couple of hundred thousand dollars they decided on the latter. Big mistake! Not only was it costing them more per bottle because of the extra product, filling the bottle to the brim caused a major problem. This is because placing the bottles in the crate placed undue pressure on each bottle which could only be relieved by forcing the milk through the lid. This created a major leakage problem, one that customers did not appreciate, causing them to lose a large part of their market share.
You Should Invest In Your Blog
When I first started my online business I vowed that apart from hosting costs I was not going to invest any of my personal money. It took a fair while to build up my PayPal account but once I did I started to invest in my online business, and doing so saved me time as well as increased my blogs money making potential. I want to use this post to share with you guys exactly what I have spent my money on and why I did so.
How I Invested In My Blog
- Buy A Professional Theme: I was spending way too much time playing around with those free themes and it was taking me away from what I should be doing, writing good content. It was also harder to write good content when you’re pissed because your theme is acting up. A word of warning, make sure you do the research and don’t believe all the hype you read on the net. That’s how I got sucked into buying Thesis and why I ended up buying FlexSqueeze.
- WP Zon Builder: This is a WordPress plugin that I wrote about in A Review Of WP Zon Builder. This plugin saves me heaps of time by allowing me to pull products, including customer reviews, straight from Amazon right into my post complete with my Amazon affiliate link.
- Ajax Edit Comments: This is just as much for the readers as it is for me. This very useful WordPress plugin allows my readers to edit and spell check their comments. How often have you submitted a comment only to realise you stuffed up in some major way? It also saves me time as I can edit, delete or even blacklist the comments. I can even move the comment from one post to another if I so desired.
- OIOpublisher: This is a great plugin, one that has paid for itself many times over. OIOpublisher completely automates the selling of ad space on my blogs freeing up my time as well as my customers. You can get $10 off the price of this plugin by using the MIST-WASSUP coupon.
- Market Samurai: A standalone product that has saved me heaps of time doing keyword research. If it wasn’t for MS I wouldn’t be doing keyword research at all. As a MS user I’m allowed to promote it as an affiliate the sales of which has paid for the product and is now turning a nice profit.
As I’m sure there are many more useful tools I’m sure this is only the beginning of my paid blogging arsenal. Perhaps you could share with us one of the tools you use and what you feel makes it a worthwhile blogging tool.
Copyright secured by Digiprove © 2011
Brought To You By WP Zon Builder
Man, I reckon things on this blog has been getting way to serious lately. You ... Read more
In my last post I told everyone how you have to be prepared to Be Prepared ... Read more