I’ve been on this Earth for nigh on 50 years and if there is one thing that I have learned it’s that people who love what they do generally do it well. There would be many examples of this in life from the checkout operator to the blogger. Those people who provide the best service generally do so because they love what they do and they aim to please, and in doing so get pleasure themselves.
Imagine all those times when you have approached someone behind a counter who sported the glummest of expressions, who couldn’t even bring themselves to respond to a cheery hello. That is a typical example of someone who dislikes their job and doesn’t want to be there, let alone to be bothered by someone who has the audacity to interrupt their day just because they want to purchase something.
Well blogging can be a little like that and I reckon that those bloggers who do well are the ones who love to blog. If you find that blogging is getting to be too much of a chore and you dread the time when you have to come up with another post, then you simply will not come up with your best posts. This could be especially true for niche blogs, but I wouldn’t know because I’ve never had one.
For me blogging is more than a way to make a little extra cash. It’s become my favourite pass-time and a form of relaxation. The reason for this is because I try to make blogging a ‘fun’ experience. This wasn’t always so, it is something that I have developed with my newest blogs. These are some of the things that I introduce every now and again into my posts to create a little fun.
- The Dummy Post: I did a post called Penile Extensions Now Available Via The Penis Extender Deluxe on my Load Of BS blog which I hopefully structured into a type of ad promising people the perfect solution for a bigger, harder penis. The link takes them to a page that tells them they were duped and asking them to take a poll. So far 49 hits and 12 people have voted. it might be my weird sense of humor but I found it funny, especially some of the search terms that people used to get there.
- Satire: It’s Bullshit The Way Women Treat Men was another of my ‘having fun posts’ which actually got quite a few comments. There is so much that you can do with this topic, it’s bound to provide a lot of enjoyment
- Jokes: All my blogs have a joke category that I used to post anything that I find remotely funny. Tim, a great photographer, has made use of some pretty good jokes just to break things up a bit I almost fell off the chair because of his latest ‘joke‘ post.
- Share Something: This can be anything from something personal that brings you joy, the birth of a child perhaps, to sharing a favorite hobby such as some of those photos that you thought turned out pretty damn well. I’ve reckon that Kristi from Kikolani enjoys her blog immensely and she has some beautiful poetry and lovely photos mixed in with her posts.
Hopefully by incorporating some of these, or your own ideas, you may be able to breathe new life into your blogging world. Blogging should be more than just a job, it should be fun.
So, are you having fun blogging? If you are, what are you doing that makes it more enjoyable? If you think the whole idea sucks, heck I’d be interested to hear from you as well.
The FlexSqueeze Theme gives my blog that professional look. I loved it so much that I bought the developers license. It's the easiest most customizable theme I've come across. See how easy it is to change your theme's appearance! Compare it to Thesis to see how much better it is! Check out some of the latest Latest Updates
I highly recommend you to get your FlexSqueeze copy today!
- WP Viral Outbreak PRO (HOT WSO)
- OTO Covert Geo Targeter Pro
- Covert Social Buzz Covert Social Buzz - Brand New WordPress Plugin That Will Increase Your Social Traffic In 5 Minutes Or Less!
- Covert Messenger New WordPress Plugin Lets You Easily Create Cool "Intant Messenger" Ads On Your Blogs - These Ads Will Suck Your Visitors In and Literally Force Them To Click On Any Link You Want!
JVZoo Killer WordPress Plugins.
Filed under: Blogging Tips
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!